Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Falling from the Sky against the black of Night



I stand here as if I just got off the train! Alone drowning in my thoughts; the train cuts through the night, racing against the trees, and exploiting the rails. The train just keeps gaining speed, right past me! Pushing the cool air hard against my face! I look for an answer in the midnight air; maybe there’s an answer in the trees dancing & swinging against the black of night! I ask out loud “What was all that about?” All I know it’s time to rest my face, and give some peace to this mind!

I lay next to the fire (in my mind) and I began to sort out all that remains: the unspoken, the broken, and the empty without purpose. Here I am, I see the sleek rusted steel train. Massive in sight, strong, cold, fast, isolated in solitary ….rushing forward…achieving its mission! Here I am, alone in peace, silence & thoughts. From the sky above, I see the meaning falling from the stars. My eyes are sleepy, and I don’t quite understand! Here I am but where is here? The concept of control fades in & out of my collected memory! I gaze up at the stars, the dust (of the stars) fall down onto my face. I just sit, and take it in. Perhaps this is the meaning I am searching for!


 I remain to be free; I wash the mud off my face. Place every strain of hair out of my eyes; up in a ponytail. This exhausted smile can’t remain. I tell my inner soul “nothing is gained without courage”.  I am still lost. I try to capture the meaning like butterflies (flying above within reach of your fingertips) in the sky! Will I ever find meaning from what just happened? I don’t know but it’s time to go! One last solid breath….I grab on and the train takes me away! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A well-written piece of text,i like it :-)